Binary search is a classic algorithm in computer science. It often comes up in programming contests and technical interviews. Implementing binary search turns out to be a challenging task, even when you understand the concept. Unless you’re curious or have a specific assignment, you should always leverage existing libraries to do a binary search in Python or any other language.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Use the
bisectmodule to do a binary search in Python
- Implement a binary search in Python both recursively and iteratively
- Recognize and fix defects in a binary search Python implementation
- Analyze the time-space complexity of the binary search algorithm
- Search even faster than binary search
This course assumes you’re a student or an intermediate programmer with an interest in algorithms and data structures. At the very least, you should be familiar with Python’s built-in data types, such as lists and tuples. In addition, some familiarity with recursion, classes, data classes, and lambdas will help you better understand the concepts you’ll see in this course.
- 8 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: