A classic childhood game is tic-tac-toe, also known as naughts and crosses. It’s simple and enjoyable, and coding a version of it with Python is an exciting project for a budding programmer. Now, adding some artificial intelligence (AI) using Python can make an old favorite even more thrilling.
In this comprehensive tutorial, you’ll construct a flexible game engine. This engine will include an unbeatable computer player that employs the minimax algorithm to play tic-tac-toe flawlessly. Throughout the tutorial, you’ll explore concepts such as immutable class design, generic plug-in architecture, and modern Python coding practices and patterns.
In this video course, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop a reusable Python library containing the tic-tac-toe game engine
- Create a Pythonic code style that accurately models the tic-tac-toe domain
- Implement various artificial players, including one using the powerful minimax algorithm
- Construct a text-based console front end for the game, enabling human players to participate
- Discover effective strategies for optimizing performance
Are you ready to embark on this step-by-step adventure of building an extensible game engine with an unbeatable AI player using the minimax algorithm?
- 17 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 2 Downloadable Resources
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion