Setting up Python is the first step to becoming a Python programmer. In this course, you’ll learn how to download and install Python for Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu Linux and how to open Python’s Integrated Development and Learning Environment, IDLE.
There are many ways to install Python. You can download official Python distributions from Python.org, install from a package manager, and even install specialized distributions for scientific computing, Internet of Things, and embedded systems. This course focuses on official distributions, as they’re generally the best option for getting started with learning to program in Python.
This course can be enjoyed alone or as an accompaniment to Python Basics: A Practical Introduction to Python 3.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Install Python on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Open IDLE, Python’s integrated development and learning environment
- 5 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 1 Downloadable Resource
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: