Episode 138: 2022 Real Python Tutorial & Video Course Wrap Up
Dec 23, 2022 1h 16m
It’s been another year of changes at Real Python! The Real Python team has written, edited, curated, illustrated, and produced a mountain of Python material this year. We added some new members to the team, updated the site’s features, and created new styles of tutorials and video courses.
Three members of the Real Python team join us this week, Kate Finegan, Geir Arne Hjelle, and Leodanis Pozo Ramos. We wanted to share a year-end wrap-up with tutorials, step-by-step projects, and video courses that showcase what our team created this year.
Kate and Geir Arne help to shepherd articles through the multi-stage editing process. Along with the rest of the team, they make sure these resources impart crucial Python knowledge and provide a thorough didactic experience. Leodanis’ name has been featured many times on this podcast, and it was great to talk to him about writing tutorials and diving deep into the Pythonic details.
We hope you enjoy this review! Programming note, there won’t be an episode next week, but we’ll be back in January and look forward to bringing you a year full of great guests, articles, and topics.
Course Spotlight: Building Python Project Documentation With MkDocs
In this video course, you’ll learn how to build professional documentation for a Python package using MkDocs and mkdocstrings. These tools allow you to generate nice-looking and modern documentation from Markdown files and, more importantly, from your code’s docstrings.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:03:02 – Geir Arne and RP content direction
- 00:04:31 – Kate Finegan and editing tutorials
- 00:07:35 – Leodanis Pozo Ramos and writing tutorials
- 00:09:14 – Changes for Real Python in 2022
- 00:18:56 – Your Python Coding Environment on Windows
- 00:23:32 – Sponsor: TelemetryHub
- 00:24:16 – Why Is It Important to Close Files in Python?
- 00:28:40 – Python and TOML: New Best Friends
- 00:33:47 – Sneaky REST APIs With Django Ninja
- 00:36:24 – Manage Your To-Do Lists Using Python and Django
- 00:39:52 – Python Constants: Improve Your Code’s Maintainability
- 00:42:59 – Build Your Python Project Documentation With MkDocs
- 00:49:28 – Building a URL Shortener With FastAPI and Python
- 00:51:24 – Video Course Spotlight
- 00:52:40 – Image Processing With the Python Pillow Library
- 00:57:20 – Draw the Mandelbrot Set in Python
- 01:05:01 – Using Python’s pip to Manage Your Projects’ Dependencies
- 01:11:39 – Exploring Scopes and Closures in Python
- 01:14:49 – Thanks and goodbye
- Your Python Coding Environment on Windows: Setup Guide
- Why Is It Important to Close Files in Python?
- Python and TOML: New Best Friends
- Sneaky REST APIs With Django Ninja – Video Course
- Manage Your To-Do Lists Using Python and Django
- Python Constants: Improve Your Code’s Maintainability
- Build Your Python Project Documentation With MkDocs
- Building a URL Shortener With FastAPI and Python – Video Course
- Image Processing With the Python Pillow Library
- Draw the Mandelbrot Set in Python
- Using Python’s pip to Manage Your Projects’ Dependencies
- Exploring Scopes and Closures in Python – Video Course
- Building Python Project Documentation With MkDocs – Video Course
- Build a URL Shortener With FastAPI and Python – Step-by-Step Tutorial