In this course, you’ll learn about reading and writing files in Python. You’ll cover everything from what a file is made up of to which libraries can help you along that way. You’ll also take a look at some basic scenarios of file usage as well as some advanced techniques.
One of the most common tasks that you can do with Python is reading and writing files. Whether it’s writing to a simple text file, reading a complicated server log, or even analyzing raw byte data, all of these situations require reading or writing a file.
By the end of this course, you’ll know:
- What makes up a file and why that’s important in Python
- The basics of reading and writing files in Python
- Some basic scenarios of reading and writing files
This tutorial is mainly for beginner to intermediate Pythonistas, but there are some tips in here that more advanced programmers may appreciate as well.
- 9 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: