Now you’re ready to tackle your own coding challenges and wow your interviewers! In this Real Python Code Conversation, Philipp challenged Martin to write a function that doubles each character in a string. Through their conversation, you learned how to write solid code and talk through your process as you do it.
In this video course, you learned how to:
- Use functions to write reusable, maintainable code
- Communicate your thoughts in a coding interview
if __name__ == "__main__"to build multipurpose code
- Write tests and use test-driven development
If you want to learn more about the concepts that you explored in this course, then you can check out:
- Python Practice Problems: Get Ready for Your Next Interview
- How to Stand Out in a Python Coding Interview
- Advent of Code: Solving Your Puzzles With Python
- Defining Your Own Python Function
- Python Scope & the LEGB Rule: Resolving Names in Your Code
- Using Python Optional Arguments When Defining Functions
- Python Modules and Packages – An Introduction
- Defining Main Functions in Python
- Python import: Advanced Techniques and Tips
- Getting Started With Testing in Python
- Effective Python Testing With Pytest
- Build a Hash Table in Python With TDD
- What Does if name == “main” Do in Python?
Congratulations, you made it to the end of the course! What’s your #1 takeaway or favorite thing you learned? How are you going to put your newfound skills to use? Leave a comment in the discussion section and let us know.